The UAMS CoBALT team (Community-Based Autism Liaison and Treatment) shares these resources:
Social Story Resources for COVID-10
As we get closer to going back to school, it will be important for our kids to know how to wear masks. We have some wonderful links below to help your family talk to your child about safety issues that will be put in place as they head back to school.
Just a few reminders:
It will take some practice for your child to be able to wear a mask. You will want to think about these things as you proceed:
· Find a mask that is the preferred texture if this is an issue for your child (such soft, design, etc.)
· Begin by reading these social stories several times before expecting your child to wear a mask
· Family members should wear masks too in order to model proper safety
· Start by having your child wear the mask for just a few minutes at a time.
· Work up to wearing the mask for longer periods of time
· Think about praise and reinforcement for mask wearing behaviors.
· If your child is in therapy or school, work with them to create a behavior plan for mask wearing
Links to Resources
3. Autism Society
has social stories as well. Log on to their website https://www.covid19.autism-society.org/
and answer a few short questions. They will send you a zip drive with many resources.
Created by UAMS CoBALT Team (Community-Based Autism Liaison and Treatment Project) 7.23.2020