Welcome to Healthy Child Care Arkansas online training! All of our professional development courses are FREE to early care and education providers, and offer Professional Development Registry (PDR) credit.
We offer 2 types of online training:
1. HCCAR TRAINING COURSES were developed by our team of UAMS healthcare professionals and are hosted on the UAMS Blackboard system. Currently, we offer courses on Managing Challenging Behaviors (7 modules, 7.5 total hours) and Filling the Well: Working with Families in Challenging Situations (3 modules, 3 total hours).
- You will need to register for a free GoSignMeUp User ID and password to sign in to Blackboard. Just follow the instructions below.
- Check our website often as we add more training courses!
- Both the AAP and AR Mandated Reporter sites require you to register with them for a UserID and password.
- These PDR-approved courses are also offered free of charge to you.
- After you complete these courses, email your training certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enter your PDR credit.
LET'S GET STARTED! Click HERE for instructions for taking the courses in the boxes below.
This 1-hour course is designed to educate child care providers to create a safe sleep environment to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) and other sleep-related infant deaths
This 2-hour training is designed to help all Arkansas Mandated Reporters understand their critical role in protecting children by recognizing and reporting child abuse.
This 1-hour course will help providers to identify different types of medication, improve procedures for receiving, storing, preparing, and administering medication, and recognize and respond to medication reactions
This 1 hour module talks about behavioral principles and how humans may cause them to not be as effective as they can be. Strategies for effective use of common behavioral strategies are discussed
This 30 minute module helps you analyze your child care center by using discussion questions to help you think about ways you can increase team work to managing challenging behaviors.
This 1 hour module will help you understand from a developmental behavioral physician’s perspective what they will do when a child is referred to them for behavioral/developmental issues.
This 30 min module helps you identify symptoms of Burn Out in yourself and find ways to prevent and help with Burn Out problems.
This 1 hour module gives suggestions on how you can help families with their struggles. You can do this by altering some behavioral techniques you already know. We also discuss ways your center may be able to help with family support and nurturing.
This 1.5 hour course describes best practices for preventing injuries in early education settings, and your role in keeping children safe
This 1 hr course, formerly Managing Infectious Diseases in Early Care and Education Settings, will help you learn best practices in infection control prevention and control in group settings.
This 1 hour module helps remind you of what normal development looks like. It also helps you understand how behaviors we see at younger ages are required to gain more advanced skills.
This 1 hour module teaches you how to conceptualize what may be fueling a child’s challenging behaviors. It also gives you a strategy for coming up with a good plan for developing a behavioral intervention.
This 1 hour module will teach how to do calm down/time out based upon evidenced based psychological information and information from the national Caring for our Children standards.
This 30 minute module will help give you a strategy for talking to parents about your concerns. It will also give information about resources in Arkansas for children/families with challenging behaviors.
This 1 hour module talks about ways all of us (families and providers) protect ourselves in stressful situations. We also review techniques of positive communication to help you as you interact with families who are stressed and challenged.